- Building Permits are required on all outside construction and any construction on a load-bearing wall inside the building.
- Applications are available at the City Offices at 715 N Main Street or 605-234-4401 or by clicking the following link buildingpermitapp.pdf
- Building Permit fees are as follows (Based on the construction cost to include materials and labor):
- Project cost $1 - $1,000 - Permit Fee is $15
- Project cost $1,001 - $5,000 - Permit Fee is $30
- Project cost is $5,001 - $10,000 - Permit Fee is $60
- Project cost is $10,001 - $100,000 - Permit Fee is $60 plus $2 per every additional $1,000
- Project cost $100,001 and up - Permit Fee is $240 plus $1 per every additional $1,000
- Deposit of $500 is required for altering dimensions to a home or building.
- Deposit of $1,000 is required for a new home or building.
- Applications are available from the Finance Officer at 715 N Main Street or 605-234-4401
- Approved Alcohol Training Programs - The following Alcohol Training Programs are approved by the South Dakota Department of Revenue
- RASP (Responisible Alcohol Service Program) - Sponsored by the Rapid City Police Department. For information, contact joleen Ollerich 605-394-4134
- ServSafe - The ServSafe program is sponsored by the National Restaurant Association. For information, contact Matt Stangley, National Restaurant Association, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Suite 1500, Chicagol, IL 60604-2702, (312) 715-1010.
- South Dakota Retailers Association has an approved program. Contact the Association at 1-800-658-5545.
- Licensed Beverage Dealers of South Dakota has an approved program. Contact Caren Assman at 1-800-721-1789.
- TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) - TIPS is sponsored by health Comminications, Inc. For infromation, contact Health Communications, Inc., 1101 Wilson Boulevard Suite 1700, Arlington, VA 22209, (703) 524-1200 or 1-800-GET-TIPS.
- CAST (Certified Alcohol Seller Training) (Trainer program only) 1101 Wilson Boulevard Suite 1700, Arlington, VA 22209 - 1-800-GET TIPS.
- Additional Information: http://www.state.sd.us/drr2/propspectax/index.htm
- It shall be unlawful for any person or persons within the City of Chamberlain to keep, maintain, or have in custody or under his or her control, any dog or cat, without first having obtained an annual license from the City Finance Office.
- Obtaining such license can be done by paying a license fee of $5.00 for each animal for which a license is sought. At the time of purchasing a license you must produce a receipt or rabies ccertificate executed by a licensed veterinarian showing that the said cat or dog has been immunized for rabies for the duration of the license period.
- The said collar and tag are to remain at all times on the body of the dog or cat. In case of the loss of any tag so issued, the City Finance Officer is authorized to issue a duplicate tag upon payment to the department the actual cost of the tag.
- Licenses can be obtained from the Chamberlain City Offices at 715 N Main Street.